Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Knitting


I can't believe I learned how to knit this week! This is all part of my campaign to gain skills and pass them along to my children and students. I've already made two scarves and I'm working on two more. As you can see, I've been using a round loom. It's like and enormous spool knitter which was the only kind of knitting I could do before. I knew a teacher who actually taught her students how to knit and allowed them to do so when they finished their school work. It was a first or second grade class. She said there was such a peaceful feeling in her class when the children were knitting. I'm sure she's right! When I knit, I feel very calm and happy. It's nice to keep the hands occupied and productive.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I learned to knit around FEb. 8th...We'll have to share our knitting tips. I am really very awkward with it, but love the peace yet busy fingers it brings. How funny!
    xo steph

    i'm enjoying reading your entries, they are informative and very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Let's knit together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. julianne as I told you I'm learning to knit too....I'm doing a scarf!!!it's so funny creating something you're used to buy....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val,

    Is Nonna Isetta teaching you to knit? She is such an expert!

    ReplyDelete